Thursday 24 December 2009

Keeping up the good work

No classes this week, so it's up to me to keep in shape.

Monday I went out to the Cammo estate on the outskirts of Edinburgh and had a wee trot round. Not much of a trot as it snowed the whole time I was out there. Was v glad to get home and into a hot shower!

Tuesday I spent the day running around doing many pre-Christmas things. Managed to chuck some weights around later on though.

Yesterday my exercise was tramping round the streets in the snow. Surprisingly hard work it was too.

Today I have done some serious stuff:

Warm up - mobility work and punchbag
bench press
deadlift
upright row
shoulder press
single arm kettlebell row
rear squat

all 2 sets x 10 reps.

Then I finished off with some serious kettlebell swinging. Am happily knackered and needing a shower now!

I'll be looking to do some bodyweight work and stretching later on in the day. In the meantime, I'm looking out at the snow and wondering if I could still make a snowman ....

In other news, there was a significant spider alert this morning. The cats found a medium sized spider on the curtains. It's not there now, so it's either legged it to emerge later on or it's in a cat. We are visited by some of the most gigantic and aggressive house spiders I've seen in a long time. I'm not spider-phobic but it is a little disturbing when a spider is big enough that you can see it looking back at you! I don't like killing them though, so if the cats don't get them they go outside (if they fit in the jam jar that is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment