Some good things about fasting that I discovered:
- No digestive distress! When I'm under stress (which I have been a lot recently) it goes straight to my digestion. With no food, I had no symptoms. Result!
- Training when fasting wasn't anything like as hard as I thought it might be. Admittedly I eased it this time with a sports drink - cheating a bit, I know but the aim is to wean myself off these as well.
- The belly is ridiculously grateful for whatever it gets when it is finally fed!
- It takes considerably less food to refuel at the end of the fast - and I really enjoyed it!
- Fasting saves money - no trips to the shop or the canteen cos I'm bored.
Will I fast again? Definitely. Got next one scheduled in for this Friday.