Tuesday 9 February 2010

I did it!!

Last night I did the 2 hour aerobathon in aid of the NSPCC. I thought it went really well, and there was a good turnout (14 in my group).

I did the spin / boxercise combo, so it was an hour's spin to start off followed by an hour's boxercise / circuits. I'm really glad I did it that way, as I was nice and warm for the next class! There were a few people who were either new to spinning or boxercise, or even both so the instructors kept it fairly light. Certainly spin was a lot easier going than I'm generally used to. Boxercise was more about padwork and circuits than normal, again that was to accommodate those who hadn't trained this way before.

As ever, I was really glad of my 'fast hands' - they really make up for me being a slow runner lol! Boxercise often uses a combination of shuttle runs and padwork. I'm generally one of the slowest runners, but I find I can really make up for this by being fast on the pads. I ended up 'winning' the last shuttle combo:

10 squats
run out
10 jabs
run back

10 lunges (5 each leg)
run out
10 jabs
run back

10 squats
run out
10 jabs
run back

10 lunges (5 each leg)
run out
10 jabs
run back


Simply by being really fast on the squats and punches lol.

After that little joy, it was onto the circuits. 10 stations - and how I got stuck with the shuttle runs to start is a *mystery* to me .... I largely focused on my own performance on the way round rather than what anyone else was up to, but I did manage to notice that I was one of the few that actually did the burpees. Most people opted for star jumps instead which I guess is fair enough if you're not used to burpees.

Overall, a good night and good money raised for the NSPCC.

Thank you to everybody who sponsored me.

Given that I really haven't trained much over the last 4 to 6 weeks - I've basically just kept myself ticking over - I was very pleased at how well I performed. It made me think that I maybe I have a reasonably decent base level of fitness. Okay, so maybe I'm not fast but at least I have some endurance! It also made me very glad for the hell that the krav maga instructors put us through on a regular basis! It certainly made those circuits a lot easier last night.

Spin today, badminton and spin tomorrow. If I feel ok tonight, maybe krav tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment